Table of Contents
YouTube is one of the biggest platforms used by content creators today. It has over 19 billion active user logins every month. Millions of videos are uploaded on different channels every month. It is estimated over one billion watch hours are reached daily by viewers and subscribers. YouTube reports on subscribers and earning are reported as follows;
- The number of channels making five-figure per year grow by 50 percent.
- The number of channels earning over six figures increased by 40 percent year to year.
- The number of YouTube channels with over one million subscribers grew by over 75 percent y/y.
Uploading videos on YouTube is an alternative way of earning revenue through the AdSense program.
Videos that appear on the first page have higher earning through page-one clicks (CTRS). Most people do not go past the first page when searching for a video. To rank on the first page, one needs to understand Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques. Natural/organic traffic to your videos attracts higher earnings. In YouTube SEO, there are pre and post-publishing factors that must be considered;
Length of video
Publish date (timing and relevancy)
Content category (channel setting)
Post publishing factors:
File names (video and thumbnail)
Post publishing Factors:
Subscriber conversion rates
Watch time (minutes)
Channel growth metrics
Social media engagement
Content creators focused on SEO research keywords which are used in the metadata, descriptions, and titles to their videos. Adding some popular or trending hashtags increases video visibility. One the post is published, the second set of factors come in. These factors include CRTS, views, and watch time, among others. YouTube uses various algorithms to examine the ranking of videos.
Using YouTube tags is essential for quality YouTube SEO Equation. Tags are keywords used in the video description which helps YouTube in understanding and ranking your videos. Keywords also assist in improving the reach of your videos based on searches. You can see the keywords by right-clicking on the video and select View page source and scrolling on /keywords/.
YouTube provides between 400-500 tag characters. Characters exceeding the limit are not saved. Using short and relevant tags on your videos must be observed. Using misleading tags is against YouTube policies. The best practice is creating new tags rather than copying others that have been used by competitors.
Types of tools
Using Keyword tools such as Keyword Planner and other apps helps in getting wordlists, ideas, insights, and statistics. Some apps only give you ideas and cannot be used directly with YouTube.
Some Apps can be used with YouTube thus offering tag management and improve search engine results. For instance, TubeBuddy and VidIQ are directly integrated with YouTube. This allows creators to create centralized Keyword lists, copy tags, and get analytics from videos. It is best to use generators which give insights on tags for proper video ranking.
VidIQ is a browser extension designed for creators to grow their channels. Its features include video SEO, keyword research, tag management, video scoring, analytics, and more. It is a certified YouTube app which is free, and its premiums start at $7.50 per month. Other features include;
- Export tags
- View, copy and paste tags from other videos
- See the number of tags on a video.
- Gives tag suggestions
- Find tag performance
- Check out competitors’ tags.
Tubebuddy is a certified YouTube extension and mobile App for YouTubers. The App provides creators with various features that help them in managing their channels. It offers tools for video SEO, channel optimization, tag management, analytics, and bulk processing. These are useful metrics for marketing. You can get the free trial or subscribe for $9 monthly.
TubeBuddy Tags features include;
- View, copy and paste tags from other videos.
- Find relevant trending hashtags for your old videos.
- Easy to reorder and rearranges hashtags on your videos.
- Discover top tags based on scores to improve subs and views.
- Find long-tail searches and topics commonly searched by viewers.
- Create and manage a centralized tag list.
[wpsm_button color=”red” size=”big” link=”https://www.tubebuddy.com/influenceonyoutube” icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]LEARN MORE[/wpsm_button]
It is a tag analyzer which is used in keyword research and traffic monitoring. It can be used to edit tags until they meet the maximum YouTube characters. It offers easy editing of tags before adding them to videos.
- It is free with trials starting at $3.99 monthly.
It’s a useful tool used in producing quality tags four YouTube videos. It uses the autocomplete feature to generate custom tags for videos. Its plan starts at $38 per month.
- Generates hundreds of tags using different languages.
- Export tags in excel and CVS formats.
- Gives keywords with commas for easy pasting.
[wpsm_button color=”red” size=”big” link=”https://keywordtool.io/pro/youtube” icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]LEARN MORE[/wpsm_button]
- Kpaser helps creators in getting new tag ideas for their videos. It’s useful for creating long-tail keywords, descriptions, and tags. Its plans start at $4.99 per month. Other features are;
- Generates tags by language and country.
- Can export keywords to excel.
Other Mobile Tag Apps
- Tag You
- Get Tags
- Tags for YouTubers
- YouTags Pro
- YT Trending Tags