Table of Contents
YouTube Channel Keywords: What You Should Know?
Boosting the visibility of your YouTube channel is very crucial. Luckily there are various ways of increasing that visibility. This post helps you understand how you can leverage channel keywords to improve your channel visibility. So, what are YouTube Channel Keywords?
What Are YouTube Channel Keywords?
YouTube channel keywords can be defined as terms that give YouTube information and content about your channel. They help YouTube clearly understand what your videos is all about and who your target audience is. Besides, channel keywords play a significant role in boosting the visibility of your channel on YouTube.
Why Are Channel Keywords Significant?
There are many reasons why YouTube channel keywords are vital. In fact, a YouTube SEO ranking factors study discovered that channel keywords had a small-yet-significant correlation with higher YouTube search rankings:
Below are some of the reason why optimizing your channel keywords is a must a consider.
- First, optimizing channel keywords well results to your channel been ranked higher. In fact, according to a YouTube SEO ranking factors study, channel keywords had a significant correlation with higher YouTube search rankings.
- Channel keywords also play a significant role in helping YouTube pick videos that will appear on the suggested column.
- Channel keywords may also be used by YouTube to suggest content from similar channels. That is why you are likely to notice itemid=”http://data.wordlift.io/wl01158/entity/youtube”>YouTube suggesting a video from related channels even though those videos are not that closely associated with the one you’re watching.
Now let’s go through some of the best practices that will help you leverage channel keywords. Ready to learn more? Let’s get started, shall we?
List out potential keywords
This is probably the first thing you need to consider doing. Make sure to list out all those search terms that best describe your channel. You can also add some of the most relevant keywords you found from your video keyword research. For example, if your channel is about farming tools, you can come up with channel keywords like:
Best farming tools
Modern farming tools
Affordable farming tools
New farming tools
Used farming tools
Free farming tools
Add Your channel Keywords
This is very simple. To do this, see the steps below;
- Hit the “Advanced” button in the channel section of your YouTube Studio.
- Then, copy and paste the keywords from your word doc or google doc into the field (Channel Keywords).
And remember that you cannot separate channel keywords with commas. The best approach if you have keywords with multiple words in them is to put those keywords in quotes. For example: “Computer Services.” If you don’t, YouTube will consider such a keyword as two keywords. That is “computer” and “services.”
Use Approximately 7-10 Keywords
The fact you have the freedom to pick channel keywords does not mean including as many as possible. No, in fact, adding keywords to many times defeat the purpose of using them and if not, careful that can result in keyword stuffing. The best idea is to use 7-10 keywords and remember to add them naturally. Don’t in any way try to force them; otherwise, your efforts to have the best channel keywords included will not pay off.
Copy Competitor Channel Keywords
Not all the time, you will be in a position to come up with your own set of channel keywords. Sometimes, it will be even challenging to come up with a single channel keyword. If that happens to be the case, consider checking out those used by your competitors. And yes, it is simple to find which channel keywords your competitors have used by:
- Heading over to your competitors’ channel “About” tab.
- Right-clicking the page or channel and then clicking the “view source page” option. Once the HTML code display, go ahead and search the page for keywords.
- Alternatively, you can use Chrome extensions like TubeBuddy or VidIQ. Using such extensions make your work easier since you don’t have to dig through a bunch of codes.
Adding YouTube channel keywords is very crucial, and adding them in the right way make a difference in your video SEO effort. Hopefully, this piece has made your work easier now. For more on how to leverage YouTube channel Keywords, click here now.